- Chana dal- 1/4 th cup
- moong dal- 3/4 th cup
- Moong sprouts-1/2 cup
- Finely chopped spinach-2 cups
- Finely chopped mint-1 table spoon
- Finely chopped onion-1cup
- Green chili paste-2 table spoons
- Ragi flour-1/2 cup
- Rice flour-1 cup
- Subji masala-1 teaspoon
- Dhaniya powder/coriander seed powder-2 teaspoons
- Salt-to taste
- Sesame seeds-1 1/2 table spoon
- Cumin seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder-1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
- Oil- for frying
you have to do some preparations before making vadas
- Soak the dals in water for 2 hours
- Chop spinach and mint very finely and wash well then set a side on a news paper their should be no water remained
- After 2 hourstake the dal mixture and drain out the water completely then place them on a paper towel.
- Mix the flours and set a side
- Take 2 table spoons of dal and set a side.
- Now take a jar add the lentils,moong,Green chili paste,masala powders,ginger garlic paste then blend to a fine paste a little bit coarse.
- In a bowl add the blended mixture, spinach,mint,sesame seeds,cumin(jeera),salt and mix well.Make them into two portions it helps to make vadas uniform texture in all frying batches.
- Now take the first portion add some flour mixture,just to bind the mixture,adjust salt ,make vadas and deep fry in oil.
- now repeat the same process and fry the vadas.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.