Veg manchurian is an authentic chinese dish famous all over,it is made with different veggies and also in different flavours,its basically two kinds, one is the saucy manchurian balls and another is the dry one.Both can be done with little variation.Today i am sharing dry manchurian.
- Finely chopped beans-1 cup
- Finely shredded cabbage-1 cup
- Finely grated carrot-1 cup
- Finely chopped green bell pepper-1 cup
- Chopped spring onions-1 cup
- Corn flour-1 cup
- Maida/all purpose flour/self rising flour-1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste-22 teaspoons
- salt-to taste
- Pepper powder-1 teaspoon
- Green chili paste-1 table spoon
- Soy sauce-2 to 3 table spoons
- Tomato ketchup-2 table spoons
- Minced garlic-1 table spoon
- Finely chopped green chilis-1 table spoon
- Cilantro-3 table spoons
- In a bowl mix all the veggies and set a side
- Mix corn flour,maida,pepper powder,green chili paste,pepper powder and salt in another bowl.
- Now take a bowl add some veggies ,and sprinkle flour mixture little and make tiny balls and deep fry.
- then repeat the same procedure for remaining batches,
- I do prefer because the crispy ness of balls comes out very evenly,if you mix all together at one time water from veggies comes out and makes maida more elasticity and while the balls are fried they will break in the oil.
- So always do according to batches,it will be evenly cooked and remains crisp all over the time.
- When all balls are fried in oil,set them on a napkin.
- Now heat a pan with 3 tablespoons of oil,and add garlic fry well,now add chili's,then
- Add spring onions,tomato ketchup and soy sauce.
- Once the gravy cooks well add the fried balls,toss until they get coated.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot