Mint (pudina) botanically named as Mentha spicata also got lot of medicinal values.If their are chances of abortion i.e., continuous bleeding smell fresh mint continuously by placing it in a cloth and knot it. visit your doctor immediately.I read this from ayurvedic book.Mint was originally used as a medicinal herb to treat stomach pain and pain in the chest., and it is commonly used in the form of tea as a ayurvedic tip to help alleviate stomach pain. , powdered mint leaves were used for whitening the teeth. Also helps in digestion.Mint is a perennial plant which grows through out the year.
I am making mint tamarind sweet flavoured chutney.This is my entry for sowmyahttp://creativesaga.blogspot.com/ for the event of SWC-cooking with greens event.
- Mint leaves-fistfull
- Tamarind-lemon size
- Green chilis indian variety-5 to 6
- Sugar-1 1/2 table spoon
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-for seasoning
- Cumin-1 teaspoon
- mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
- Ura dal- 1 tablespoon
- Chenadal-1/2 tablespoon
- Dhaniya-2 teaspoons
- Chopped onion-2 table spoons
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin, Dhaniya,urad dal and chana dal,make it golden brown,and cool the mixture.
- Now add mint leaves,and chopped chili's and fry.
- Soak tamarind in water and keep a side.
- Now place seasoning,run the jar until get powdered,then add mint chili mixture and grind.
- Finally add salt,tamarind,and sugar make to a fine paste.
- Now heat oil in a pan then add cumin,mustard and onion and cook until done.
- Add the onion mixture to the above paste.
- Serve with rice or roti.
- It is a traditional recipe ,tastes really yummy.