- Rajma/red kidney beans: 1/2 cup
- Black moongdal/black uraddal-1/2 cup
- Butter-4 table spoons
- Kasuri methi-1/2 teaspoon
- Mint leaves chopped-2 teaspoons
- Finely chopped onion-1/2 cup
- Finely chopped tomato-1 medium
- Green chilis chopped lengthwise-4 to 6
- Chole masala powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Subji masala powder-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric-1/4Th teaspoon
- Red chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Jeera/cumin-1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard-1/2 teaspoon
- Cilantro-3 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
- Salt-to taste
- Soak rajma and uraddal overnight in water
- Drain the water and pressure cook together for 4 to 5 whistles or until it becomes nice paste.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of butter and add cumin seeds,mustard seeds,turmeric crushed kasuri methi and mint leaves.
- once they splutter add green chili's ,ginger garlic paste,and onions.fry until onions turn to a nice golden colour.now add the chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add chole masala powder and saute well.When tomatoes gets cooked all the rajma mixture ,then add some water.
- When rajma reaches boiling point add remaining butter, red chili powder,salt and subji masala powder.stir well
- Garnish with cilantro and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rumali roti/tandoori roti