south Indian breakfast recipe, which can be made in many varieties, and i tried it with bottle guard and came out really good ,it's so simple and easy to make.There are only few recipes with bottle guard so I tried out differently.This is my entry for http://padmasrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/07/dosa-corner.html
- Rice-1 cup
- Bottle gourd pieces-2 cups
- Green chili paste-1 1/2 table spoon
- Ginger garlic paste-2 teaspoons
- cumin/jeera-1 teaspoon
- Salt-to taste
- Chopped onions-1 cup
- Soak rice for 5 to 6 hours in water,in this recipe i used sona masuri rice.
- Peal the skin of bottle guard and chop into pieces
- First drain the water from rice,and grind to a fine paste,and now add bottle guard pieces,ginger garlic paste,cumin and then blend.
- No need to ferment the batter for this recipe and we can make dosa's immediately.
- Bottle guard is a water content vegetable,so you need not add water.
- Once the batter is ready add salt and mix well.
- Heat tawa spread 1 tea spoon of oil and a ladle full of batter.
- Garnish with onion and pour some more oil,close the lid for few seconds
- Now flip the dosa and cook for some more time.
- Mini bottle bottle guard dosai are ready to serve.