Corm is the most common vegetable used in South indian recipes,mainly used for makin pulusu and fry.
The leaves of colacasia is also used for cooking,just they make the masal stuff in the leaves and cook on steaming,finally seasoned.
Pulusu the sweet and sour sauce is nothing but dishes cooked with tamarind by adding some spice powders and also adding little sweetness to it, which makes a great combination with plain rice and kichidi.
- Chama dumpalu -4
- Tamarind juice-2 tablespoons
- Finely chopped shallots-1/2 cup
- Green chili paste-1/2 teaspoon
- Dhaniya powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Sesame seed powder/ roastednuvvula podi-3 teaspoons
- Sugar-1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt-to taste
- Oil for seasoning
- Mustard and cumin -1 teaspoonCurry leaves-10
- Dried red chili chopped -1
- Methi seeds-5
- Ginger garlic paste-1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric- 1/8 th teaspoon
- Cilantro-1 table spoon
- Boil arbi in water,peal the skin and cut into small circles.
- Roast sesame seeds and make to fine powder
- Extract juice from tamarind
- Chop onions length wise
- Chop cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan and make seasoning.
- Add onion fry well
- Now add ginger garlic paste and turmeric
- When onion turns light brown add tamarind juice,green chili paste and salt.
- When it starts boiling add chopped arbi and cook for 8 minutes
- Add sugar,sesame seed powder,dhaniya powder
- Finally garnish with cilantro