- Finely chopped onion-1/2 cup
- Chopped green chilis-2 teaspoons
- tamarind paste- 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Oil-2 tablespoons
- cumin-1/2 teaspoon
- fenugreek seeds/menthulu-10 to 15
- Mustard-1 teaspoon
- Dry chilis-6
- CrushedGarlic pods-3 to 4
- Roasted chana dal powder-2 teaspoons
- Jaggery- small piece
- Paprica-1/8Th teaspoon
- Salt-to taste
- Turmeric-1/8th teaspoon
- Wash and peal the skin of karela,cut into big cubes and set a side
- Microwave karela in water added with 2 to 3 spoons of salt,cook until they are soft.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin,mustard,fenugreek curry leaves,dry chili's, crushed garlic .Once they become light brown add chopped green chili's and onion.Cook until onion turns to light brown .
- Dilute roasted chanadal powder by adding some water.
- now add tamarind paste,once it starts boiling add roasted chanadal powder liquid and mix well.
- Now add karela, jaggery,paprika and turmeric.
- Adjust salt,don't add more as already we added while boiling karela's in microwave.
- Cook until done,serve hot with steamed rice or chapathi.